Tuesday, October 28, 2008

On My Way to Bridal Banquet (Part-III)

It was ridiculous why our journey was not favouring! I involved my uncle Piku Again. I requested him to go to Shodor ghat to hire two or three cabins of any availabe shipping services. And others to return to home to get refreshed.
Fearing to fall in the hands of pirates, while I instructed my sweet angel to turned into simple lady; she rather turned into Princess Ann of "Roman Holiday"! I thanked God; at last we were going in peace....after so many odds... our journey by ship started at 07:30 pm.
We the new couple started gossiping ourselves forgetting the rest of the world. At around 10:30 pm, I presumed that we could be nearer to Chandpur by that time, peeped through the window to see the surrounding. With my utter surprise, I found myself just other side of the Shodor ghat in the Buriganga river! We just crossed the river width for last 3 hours...!! Since others were playing cards inside the cabins, they also were not aware of the incident or could be they did not want to disturb us.
I inquired the matter with the captain of the ship and learnt what was beyond one's imagination...there was a problem with the propeller of the launch and must be made alright before final journey and it would be delayed....might be for some more minutes.... or hours.... or days....! "The height of my journey for Bridal Banquet...!" - I chuckled once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment