Saturday, October 25, 2008

On My Way to Bridal Banquet (Part-I)

"Discovering a woman is more adventurous than discovering a continent ! Do you believe that?"
Wha....t? Who said it? I looked around, there was none but a cool breeze went past me smiling!
Well it may be my illusion or else may be my father or may be grand-father or may be my grand-grand...... told me one day when I entered into the world of puberty! As a matter of fact, intelligent peoples are always there to guide you after they cut their own TAILs!

I with my newly married wife started from Dhaka by Biman (Government Aeroplane Services) to attend my final ceremony Bow Bhat (Bridal Banquet) at Barisal. She dressed herself like angel of heaven....always smiling and frequently looking at me making sure that I paid due attention to her too. We including my friend-type uncle -Piku, cousine - Tuhin and brother in law- Babu, kept on waiting for our special moment. Meanwhile I had a deal with my aunt that I should take his son i.e. my cousin to Barisal by aeroplane since he never flew before. Since then Tuhin was so excited to avail the opportunity like that. All the young unmarried lots were with me hunting around to look for some one special for them. Meanwhile, My father with his team including hired video personnel went to Barisal Airport to clip our descend from heaven to earth ! The flight was scheduled before noon but by that time we had our lunch offered by generous Biman...leading to declaration, "Flight number BG-......cancelled." I covered my face with shame....ears gotten hot....I barely looked at my angel who was still smiling on sit !
Piku, who kept on keeping us alive by sharing jokes, finally attacked my cousin, "Tuhin, you are that unwanted person for whom we could not fly".
"No, no its you....you see we all are brothers...but you are senior...you are that unwanted person in our group" -Tuhin mocked in return.
Finally, I approached before my angel and declared ,"Let us fall back to home". She smiled and started following me...

No comments:

Post a Comment