Sunday, August 31, 2008

When Monkey becomes Leopard

"A long time ago, one of my Zimbabwean friend told me an interesting story."- our new guest started telling us on the dinner table. We were eager to hear that.
" One day my foreigner friend told me that..." he continued, " In my country, there are so many monkeys that we had to device some techniques to get ride off them and save our food and fruits . I don't know when it started but what I know that we keep a narrow-necked-pitcher outside our house with a banana in it. We do all these showing them first. We close the door and remain ready inside our house. Now the greediest monkey comes forward to have it first. He takes no time to shove his hand inside the pitcher and grab the banana tightly. But since the neck of the pitcher is too narrow he can neither bring his fist out of the pitcher....nor he is leaving his banana for lossing it! So we exploit this weakness by catching him right then."
" Our next step is to color him into leopard and leave him free. So, from that time he becomes leopard to other monkeys....! On the other hand, getting free, the monkey runs for his life towards his gang fearing to be caught again....but by that time their friends have gone vanished out of his sight fearing him an approaching leopard! Hence we rest for few days again."

No comments:

Post a Comment